May 29, 2010

A text field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again

I once entered a paragraph of sample text in my custom task form which submits it to sharepoint list. Now the error surfaced 'A text field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again'. The problem was that there is basic limit on fields in sharepoint. For text field it was  255. So the moment I add 256 characters or more, it throws this error.

Resolution
255 column limit is there on text field. Ensure that text is entered appropriately

3 comments:

  1. Some time an article like this become eye opener to solve issues, similar to this in some other places. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much.
    I had task description full of text, i reduced description and it resolved my issue of "A text field contains invalid data. Please check the value and try again"

    ReplyDelete